Due to COVID-19 please be aware there is still currently a postal delay throughout the country so your happy post may take a little longer than normal to arrive. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe

Safety Tips

Candle Safety

I have a few guidelines to help you make the most of your candle and make sure you are safe.

  • When burning your candle for the first time please allow it to burn until the melt pool has reached the edges. This will stop the candle from tunneling, giving you the maximum amount of fragrance and a lovely clean jar you can re-use when finished.

  • Always trim your wick to 5mm before you light it. Recommended to use your candle for no more than 4 hours at a time before retrimming the wick.

  • Remember the glass jar will become hot once the candle has been lit so be careful when handling and always place on a candle plate or heatproof surface

  • Keep candle free from any foreign matter: matches, wick trimmings, etc.

  • Do not place a lid on container while burning.

  • Discontinue use when ½” of wax remains in candle container.

  • Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard or injury.

  • Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do no use candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Avoid drafts and excessive vibrations. Never leave a burning candle unattended.

    Wax melt Safety

    • Whenever a naked flame is involved there is a risk of danger.

    • Only use 1 tealight in your burner as 2 will make the temperature too hot and could result in fire hazard or injury.

    • Do Not add water to  hot wax as it can be dangerous.

    • Hot wax can cause burns to the skin so be very careful.

    • Do Not ingest – if eaten seek emergency medical attention immediately.

    • Place your burner out of reach of children and pets.

    • Ensure your burner is not placed near drafts but in a well ventilated area.

    • Do Not leave unattended while in operation.

    • Make sure you extinguish the flame before leaving the house.

    • Ensure you extinguish the tea light of oil burner before you go to sleep.

    • Ensure you remove any plastic packaging from wax melts before use.

    • Wax melts are for external use only.

    • Wax melts contain dye so avoid contact with fabrics as melted wax may cause staining.

    • Hot wax can cause serious injury.

    • This is not a toy.

    • Do Not transport an oil burner while in use as melted wax can spill and cause burns.

    • Take care extinguishing your tea lights.

    • Ensure wax melts are stored in a safe place away from children as they may smell or look like sweet and the should not be eaten.

    • Wax melts do not evapourate.

    • Wax melts will eventually lose its scent and then the wax melt should be discarded.

    • Do not pour melted wax into drain.